[annotator-dev] Loading Annotations Asynchronously

Jamie M Folsom jfolsom at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 29 20:06:33 UTC 2014

OK. What I’ve seen is that if I am loading data from a new, different query using a new loadOptions object, and loadFromSearch, the query works (data are visible in the Chrome console), but the annotator makes no change, or at least no reliable change to the highlights in the DOM. I’ve added the Store plugin on Annotator init. The Annotator trying to load only annotations that weren’t loaded already (based on annotations stored in a hash keyed by id?) — might explain what I’m seeing.

Our use case calls for the user to be able to redo any of these queries at will, and if those annotations change in the interim, they should be reloaded freshly. Also, currently my sidebar loads its data from annotator.plugins.store.annotations, so if those don’t update, neither does the sidebar. I am moving to a model where any event fired by the annotator will trigger a refresh directly from the API by my sidebar, but in the interim, this dependency complicates keep things in sync.

Thanks again.