[annotator-dev] Image annotation

Jamie M Folsom jfolsom at mit.edu
Fri Oct 10 18:50:22 UTC 2014

Hi Rob (and Drew and Tara),

Great! It would be terrific to work with you on this.

Questions that come to mind include:

- Should this target Annotator 2.0? (I assume it should)
- Since others have already done a fair amount of work on this, including Rainer and Gergely, can we build on what they’ve done?
- Can a single plugin serve “vanilla” embedded image annotation, and also Open Seadragon-enhanced images, or are those different animals? (I don’t know much about OS, which looks quite cool!)
- What does data store support for image anchoring look like?

On that last point, we have support in our data store for the schema modifications needed to support the Annotorious plugin (thanks to Rainer), but presumably, that would have to evolve.

Thanks!

Jamie