[annotator-dev] Image annotation

Robert Sanderson azaroth42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:34:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Jamie M Folsom <jfolsom at mit.edu> wrote:

> Questions that come to mind include:
> - Should this target Annotator 2.0? (I assume it should)

Definitely :)

> - Since others have already done a fair amount of work on this, including
> Rainer and Gergely, can we build on what they’ve done?

I sure hope so!

> - Can a single plugin serve “vanilla” embedded image annotation, and also
> Open Seadragon-enhanced images, or are those different animals? (I don’t
> know much about OS, which looks quite cool!)

Ditto.

> - What does data store support for image anchoring look like?

Hopefully as simple as the URI for the image plus a media fragment tacked
on the end, such as:  http://example.edu/images/image.jpg#xywh=0,0,100,100

On that last point, we have support in our data store for the schema
> modifications needed to support the Annotorious plugin (thanks to Rainer),
> but presumably, that would have to evolve.

If Annotorius supported Open Annotation (hint hint Rainer) then there
wouldn't need to be any modifications, one imagines.

It's the perfect use case for when interoperability really helps everyone.

Rob