[annotator-dev] Image annotation

"Gergely, Újvári" ujvari at hypothes.is
Sat Oct 11 06:47:44 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

Yes, in the past we've developed a working image annotation feature for
Hypothes.is, using Annotorious[1], but since this was using our own
annotator branch, we decided to properly reimplement this for Annotator
2.0, as a plugin using Annotorious as a vendor library. So, we have code
to work with and I want to get back to this as soon as possible.

Annotorious, if I see it well, now has openseadragon support.

About openannotation, if we make the annotorious plugin for annotator
and annotator is in open annotation format when I think we'll have what
we need. (The image selector data from annotorious can just become a
selector for an annotation in Annotator for anchoring)

Gergely

----

1: http://annotorious.github.io/