[annotator-dev] Image annotation

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Sun Oct 12 21:33:56 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Kristof Csillag <csillag at hypothes.is>
wrote:

>  On 2014-10-12 18:22, Randall Leeds wrote:
>
> Another potentially useful direction to go would be to separate the steps
> of identifying and highlighting the anchors.
>

> In fact that's exactly what we have been doing in our (H's) fork of
> Annotator ... for little more than a year
> <https://github.com/hypothesis/annotator/commit/cd1d550cfe2bcef774140a42f6c6d81c65de0215>
> now.

Precisely. It's also the direction the organization of the Annotator 2
internals is going, partly learning from this work.

I was responding specifically to Rainer talking about avoiding the DOM
manipulation by restating that it's far more important to be able to
control and observe that manipulation, and tap important control points,
than to agree on a particular implementation.