[annotator-dev] Issue purge

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sun Sep 21 19:44:02 UTC 2014

Hi Nick,
As a very new member of this community, I found it extremely useful to browse the list of "issues" in this centralized github location. I started to comb through the email list archives, but that was rather tedious and getting the full context of any particular topic was, well, difficult (and maybe I missed it, but it was also not searchable).

One of the great things about the github "issues" is that you can annotate them with labels and then filter by those labels. Perhaps a "bug" label could be used to differentiate between an "enhancement" or a "discussion". This would allow the core developers to focus on critical problems with released code as well as engage a [somewhat peripheral] group of stakeholders in the discussion and planning. It would also allow people like me and Duane get a sense for what is coming in future releases and whether the kinds of features we might want are forthcoming and beneficial for the broader community.

My inbox is already quite cluttered, and it's is a tranquil relief to come here to participate in open discussions with like minded developers like you.
Thanks and I hope that wasn't too preachy for a new person!
-ben

Originally entered as a comment for #394:
https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/issues/394#issuecomment-56309894

---------