[annotator-dev] NodeJS impl of Annotator Store backend

Andrew Magliozzi andrew at finalsclub.org
Mon Sep 22 18:09:54 UTC 2014

Hi Willy,

Thanks for sharing.  Jamie from Hyperstudio made a node-express-mongodb
datastore a while back too:

https://github.com/hyperstudio/MIT-Annotation-Data-Store

Perhaps you two could compare notes.

~Andrew

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Willy Bruns <willy at entropi.info> wrote:

> Hey all,
> Thanks so much for this wonderful project.
>
> For those of you who are interested in JS end-to-end, I've been
> implementing the Annotator Store backend in NodeJS:
> https://github.com/willy-b/node-annotator-store
>
> (I'm sure someone else has done this, but I couldn't find it :-) )
>
> In this public repo I am following the behavior of the reference python
> backend pretty closely.
>
> This is still under development but the basic functionality (CRUD +
> search) is there.
>
> See passing tests here:
> https://github.com/willy-b/node-annotator-store/blob/master/test/PASSING_TESTS.md
> .
> Authorization via JSON web token is unfinished, see status here:
> https://github.com/willy-b/node-annotator-store/blob/master/AUTH.md .
>
> Feel free to file bugs, requests, etc, OR to fork and add tests,
> documentation, and bug fixes.
>
> All the best,
> Willy B
>
> P.S. My motivation:
> Some friends and myself are building a web service that leverages all of
> Annotator's wonderful capabilities. Since we're using end-to-end JS for
> rest of project and since we want to extend the annotation search APIs (to
> add annotation similarity, clustering, etc) it felt natural to have a
> NodeJS implementation.

Andrew Magliozzi
Founder
*FinalsClub Foundation*
*www.KarmaNotes.org <http://www.KarmaNotes.org>*

T - 617-575-9369
E - Andrew at FinalsClub.org

FinalsClub exists thanks to funding from the William and Flora Hewlett
Foundation and generous scholars like you.