[annotator-dev] Fwd: Annotate

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Mon Apr 6 21:38:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Benjamin Young <bigbluehat at hypothes.is>
wrote:

> Hey Dharani,
>
> First, thanks for being here! :)
>
> Replies inline below...
>
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM, DHARANI CHINNARAJ <
> dharani.chinnaraj2 at globalfoundries.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  It will be helpful if its get into work in my website.
>>
>>  I have followed the document which is provided from annotator site.
>>
>>  Still unable to add the annotation to view in my account.
>>
>>  1. Created simple html with div id content
>>  2. Added their js and css.
>>  3. Added jquery script too.
>>  4. i dont know where to give my key, secret and username.
>>

> To use annotateit.org's authentication you have to setup a *server-side*
> token generator. There's some sample Python code for generating the token
> itself and an explanation on this page in the docs:
> http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/authentication.html

That's not entirely true.

You need to set up your own token server if you're interesting in
authenticating your own users and storing annotations under your
annotateit.org account on their behalf.

Otherwise, you can just use the tokens issued by annotateit.org itself:
http://annotateit.org/api/token and you (or your users) would have to log
in at annotateit.org before annotating.