[annotator-dev] Fwd: Annotate

Benjamin Young bigbluehat at hypothes.is
Mon Apr 6 20:58:02 UTC 2015

Hey Dharani,

First, thanks for being here! :)

Replies inline below...

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM, DHARANI CHINNARAJ <
dharani.chinnaraj2 at globalfoundries.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  It will be helpful if its get into work in my website.
>
>  I have followed the document which is provided from annotator site.
>
>  Still unable to add the annotation to view in my account.
>
>  1. Created simple html with div id content
>  2. Added their js and css.
>  3. Added jquery script too.
>  4. i dont know where to give my key, secret and username.

To use annotateit.org's authentication you have to setup a *server-side*
token generator. There's some sample Python code for generating the token
itself and an explanation on this page in the docs:
http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/authentication.html

The client-side code backed in to Annotator sends the user ID to the token
URL, and gets back the JSON Web Token (which the code on the above page
generates for you) to annotateit.org for authentication.

It will require that you host some dynamic (Python, PHP, etc) code on your
server under a URL that your client-side code can request from.

Sorry it's not more straightforward.

The other alternative would be to host your own storage system yourself and
use your own authentication provided by that system...but that would
require even more customization.

Let us know how it goes!
Benjamin