[annotator-dev] annotator2/master storage configuration

Benjamin Young bigbluehat at hypothes.is
Fri Jan 30 19:51:51 UTC 2015

For the short term, it's certainly a lack of documentation--took me quite
awhile to find what Rob just wrote when I was trying to do the same.

Long term, I think the API should be more obvious. It feels strange to have
`.load()` so "far away" from the object I expect to have all the smarts.

It's similar to how the `addPlugin` and `setStorage` as method calls
*feels* vs. how passing in a config object of some kind *feels*.

Really just a syntax choice, but when I found what I needed to do what I
wanted it was in a different place than I'm used to and looked different in
the end than I'd expected it to look:
https://github.com/hypothesis/annotator-couchapp/blob/master/couchapp/_attachments/index.html#L114-L150

But maybe that's just me. ;)