[annotator-dev] To Web Annotation (from Annotator 2.x)

Benjamin Young bigbluehat at hypothes.is
Thu Jul 30 14:54:20 UTC 2015

I've been working on some (deliberately very) basic conversion code to
turn Annotator 2.x JSON output into Web Annotation Data Model.

Here's what I've got so far:http://bigbluehat.github.io/to-web-annotation/

Code lives at:https://github.com/BigBlueHat/to-web-annotation

The hope is to build the SimplestThingThatCouldPossiblyWork to move
Annotator JSON docs into the wide world of Web Annotation.

I've posted more JSON-LD related thoughts to the W3C list (which is public
for anyone to join FYI!):
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2015Jul/0225.html

It'd be great to hear thoughts on this project and approach from the
Annotator side.

The slightly longer term objective is to make this conversion (once I'm
sure it's correct/working well) available as an Annotator plugin for use
with storage providers that "speak" Web Annotation.

Feedback welcome!
Benjamin
--
Developer Advocate