[annotator-dev] To Web Annotation (from Annotator 2.x)

Ben Leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 30 15:23:54 UTC 2015

Hi Benjamin,
I haven’t been following 2.x development closely, but I thought supporting an Open Annotation model natively was on the TODO list for AnnotatorJS.
Sure enough, the road map lists it - http://docs.annotatorjs.org/en/latest/roadmap.html
	- Internal data model consistent with Open Annotation
	- A (beta-quality) storage component that speaks OA JSON-LD

Pretty sure that got pushed back to target a later release though that decision is not yet reflected in the roadmap. Getting Open/Web annotation models from AnnotatorJS is one of the features I really really want from 2.x, so I’m wondering how your plugin conversion work relates to the goals on the 2.x roadmap?

Thanks,
-ben