[annotator-dev] Who's using Annotator 2.0?

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 07:44:20 UTC 2015

Hi Benjamin,

On 27/07/15 19:40, Benjamin Young wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Will Thompson <will at willthompson.co.uk
> <mailto:will at willthompson.co.uk>> wrote
>     I use Annotator 2.0 in a little tool for tagging transcripts of
>     conversations, then displaying cross-sections of the conversation by
>     tag. The backend is loosely derived from annotator-store. Unfortunately
>     I can't publish either part right now.
>

> Sounds cool. :) Can you share a bit about what storage and/or auth
> system you're using?

Storage: largely uninteresting [Flask-]SQLAlchemy. A transcript has many
lines of conversation; an annotation references the transcript, the
start and end line, and has a set of tags and a JSON blob of other
annotation data.

(I didn't expose any HTTP API for cross-sectioning by tag, it's all done
server-side.)

Auth: nothing beyond limiting access to the network the server is
running on …

>     > Are there plugins you're depending on that aren't working?
>
>     Not any more.
>

> Because you've replaced them with custom code? or aren't using the
> plugins any longer? or...something else?

Just a typo in the filter plugin that's now fixed.

Thanks!

– wjt