[annotator-dev] How to call loadFromSearch or loadAnnotations function of the Store plugin manually?

Mathias Lin mathias.lin at westernacher.com
Tue May 12 13:25:40 UTC 2015

Hi Randall,

thanks for your info. I tried to follow your example, but still having some problems understanding the object hierarchy.

I execute the following in the developer console, but the approach you mentioned did not yet succeed in my test.

var content = $('#content').annotator();  // works

but:

content.addPlugin('Tags');  // does not work -> Uncaught TypeError: content.addPlugin is not a function
content.annotator.addPlugin('Tags'); // does not work -> Uncaught TypeError: content.annotator.addPlugin is not a function

Only this way of adding a plugin works:

content.annotator('addPlugin', 'Tags').annotator('addPlugin', 'Store'); // works

Still, I don't see how to access the plugins then. Neither of the two ways below works:

content.plugins; --> undefined
content.annotator.plugins; -> undefined

FYI - the following line executed in the developer console:

content.annotator;

returns this object:

function (options) {
    var args;
    args = Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments, 1);
    return this.each(function() {
      var instance;
      instance = $.data(this, 'annotator');
      if (options === 'destroy') {
        $.removeData(this, 'annotator');
        return instance != null ? instance.destroy(args) : void 0;
      } else if (instance) {
        return options && instance[options].apply(instance, args);
      } else {
        instance = new Annotator(this, options);
        return $.data(this, 'annotator', instance);
      }
    });
  }

Thanks,