[annotator-dev] How to call loadFromSearch or loadAnnotations function of the Store plugin manually?

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Mon May 11 17:09:59 UTC 2015

This is beyond the scope of what plugins were designed for, since they
mostly just do work in response to events.

However, it's possible.

First, get a handle to your annotator instance directly.

var annotator = $('#content').annotator();

This object has all the methods you see the jQuery plugin providing,
without having to call ".annotator()" every time. For instance, you can do
"annotator.addPlugin(...)".

Next, you can access the store plugin itself as " annotator.plugins.Store".