[annotator-dev] Annotator closes in IE when using a dropdown

Kristoffer Jälén kristoffer.jalen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:41:15 UTC 2015

I have a Annotator custom plugin that renders a select element inside the
annotation when used together with the Store plugin. I use the mouse to
select an option. In IE the annotation is closed as soon as I move the
mouse. Chrome works fine (annotation stays visible).

Annotator.Plugin.DropDown = function (element) {
    var plugin = {};
    plugin.pluginInit = function () {
        this.annotator.viewer.addField({
            load: function (field, annotation) {
                var htmlCode = '<select onChange="save(this, ' +
annotation.id + ');">';
                htmlCode += '<option value="0">Option 0</option>';
                htmlCode += '<option value="1">Option 1</option>';
                htmlCode += '<option value="2">Option 2</option>';
                htmlCode += '</select>';
                field.innerHTML = htmlCode;
            }
        })
    };
    return plugin;
}
content.annotator('addPlugin', 'DropDown', {});