[annotator-dev] How do I change an annotations colour?

Randall Leeds randall at bleeds.info
Fri Jun 3 04:18:34 UTC 2016

Trivial or not depends on your goals.

Presently, there is not a way to specify an inline style, though it could
be added.

Annotator uses its own, external stylesheet.

Whether the stylesheet or an inline style is appropriate depends on the
environment.

Being able to set a custom class on a particular highlight span would also
be an acceptable enhancement to enable more granular styling.

If your need is simply to change the color of all highlights, you can
modify the CSS to change the ".annotator-hl" class styles, or leverage the
manner in which stylesheets augment and override to provide different
styles for that class in your own, external or embedded stylesheet.