[annotator-dev] Next steps at AnnotatorJS and where we need some input.

Oliver Sauter oli at worldbrain.io
Mon May 30 09:51:05 UTC 2016

This mail didn’t go through the last time, so a second try :)

I am Oliver the founder of one of the collaborating projects, WorldBrain.io.
This year at “I annotate 2016” in Berlin, Ben and me kicked off the relaunch of AnnotatorJS and specifically the anchor library.

To move forward we could need your input on a few things:

1. Add yourself to the initial committer list, in case you want to collaborate on this project
The motto of the ASF is “Community before Code”, which means we have to gather a diverse set of people and interests that declare to get involved in such a joint project.
Just edit the application for the ASF on Github <https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/wiki/Apache-Incubation-Proposal#initial-commiters> under the section “Initial Commiters <https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/wiki/Apache-Incubation-Proposal#initial-commiters>” and add yourself with an email address and your project/company as your “Affiliations <https://github.com/openannotation/annotator/wiki/Apache-Incubation-Proposal#affiliations>”

2. We want to gather a list of all currently needed use cases and content types for annotations
From that we can abstract the different types of web content that needs to be anchored on, to have a clearer picture of the specific user flows related to them. (for later design of UI elements etc)
- i.e. “I want to annotate images with a rectangle” or “I want to annotate sequences of videos” or “I want to annotate the images inside a pdf” or “ I want to do semantic tagging.

To add use cases: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=0 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=0>
To add content-types: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=1175610743 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=1175610743>

3. We want to gather a list of all annotation-related projects
Apart from ASF's motto “Community before Code”, the more people/perspectives get involved, the faster and more solid we all will have this library :)

To add annotation projects: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=242350212 <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MJkr_vca9Eg9Y7h9Y-niMFwG3NzDuc5pVFhEfjRDpk8/edit#gid=242350212>

Thanks and have a nice week!
Oliver

PS: If you see any problems with using google spreadsheets for listing this information - please let me know and we can find more appropriate solutions.

Oliver Sauter
Founder WorldBrain - Verifying the Internet with Science

FON: +49 171 5323694
MAIL: oli at worldbrain.io <mailto:oli at worldbrain.io>
WEB: http://www.worldbrain.io <http://www.worldbrain.io/>
FB: RealWorldBrain <http://facebook.com/realworldbrain>