[bigclean] [euopendata] Idea: screen scraping sprint -> 19.3.2011

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Mar 12 14:20:04 UTC 2011

2011/3/12 Antti Poikola <antti.poikola at gmail.com>:
>> 1) I think it'd be great to have a place that everyone involved chats,
>> so it feels real time and like an international event. Is a twitter
>> hash tag enough for this these days?
>>
>> I'd quite like something even more interactive - an IRC channel, or
>> better an amazing web based chat system so everyone involved can just
>> go to a page on the site and ask questions, say what they're doing.
>> Is there a service that can do that easily?
>
> We kind of decided to IRC, but we didn't yet decide which channel. Is there
> any easy way to embed a IRC channel traffic on a web page?

Suggest we use #okfn on irc.oftc.net, which is where various OKF /
open data people are already often to be found.

Can connect via the following short link:

http://ur1.ca/4fh

Just created nicer customised bit.ly link:

http://bit.ly/okfn-irc

And I just suggested we set up our own dedicated web based interface
at irc.okfn.org on the OKF ideas page:

http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/55/ircokfnorg

J.

--