[ciência aberta] Fwd: Mozilla Science Lab Community Call this Thursday

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Terça Março 10 20:15:36 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Bill Mills* <bill em mozillafoundation.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Subject: Mozilla Science Lab Community Call this Thursday
To: Software Carpentry Discussion <Discuss em lists.software-carpentry.org>,
sciencelab em mozillafoundation.org, open-science <open-science em lists.okfn.org>

Hi all,

We're back March 12 (this Thursday) with this month's Science Lab community
call! The call kicks off at 11 ET. Dial in information can be found below.

This month, we’ll be hearing from *Shauna Gordon-McKeon* on Open Science
Comes to Campus
<http://www.mozillascience.org/open-science-comes-to-campus/>, a workshop
she and Bill Mills are working on spinning out of Open Hatch
<http://openhatch.org/>‘s successful Open Source Comes to Campus
<http://campus.openhatch.org/> series. We’ve lead some community discussions
<http://discourse.openhatch.org/t/open-science-comes-to-campus-a-planning-thread/80>
and brainstorms <https://etherpad.mozilla.org/startingOpenScience> over the
past few weeks on how we can introduce the skills and ideas of open science
to undergrads, and we’re ready to start drafting curriculum; Shauna will be
updating us on the status of the project, and upcoming plans.

Also this month we will be hearing from *Jon Udell* on his current work
<http://blog.jonudell.net/2015/02/11/online-scientific-collaboration-the-sequel/>
to revisit online scientific collaboration, as an update to his seminal
work, Internet Groupware for Scientific Collaboration
<http://jonudell.net/GroupwareReport.html>. Jon is looking to speak to
researchers in a wide cross-section of fields to better understand how
scientists collaborate online today, and will be sharing some details on
the project and what he’s looking for on the call on the 12th.

Finally, we’re also going to hear from *Ward Cunningham*, original inventor
of the wiki concept & technology, on Smallest Federated Wiki, his ongoing
project
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/2880204/collaboration-software/wiki-creator-reinvents-collaboration-again.html>
to reinvent the wiki platform as a ‘chorus of voices
<http://thegovlab.org/a-modern-wiki-for-a-modern-internet-the-smallest-federated-wiki-on-the-govlabs-demos-for-democracy/>‘,
via forkable, distributed and creator-owned content.

Have an update, blog post or event you’d like to share relevant to open
science? Add it to the etherpad :
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-calls-mar12-2015
We hope you'll join us.

========

    Phone Number: +1 800 707 2533, password 369

    Room code (conference number): 7677

    Note:  you can call the 1-800 number free of charge using Skype or
other VoIP clients

    If you are getting a busy signal, you can try these (non-free) phone
numbers (+ the room code 7677):

    CA/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, extension 92

    UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, extension 92

    FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, extension 92

    CA/Vancouver: +1 778 785-1540, extension 92

    US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, extension 92

    US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, extension 92

    US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, extension 92

--
Best Regards,
Bill Mills

*Carolina Rossini *