[ckan-dev] Implementing UI changes to CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 12:26:29 UTC 2010

On 2 December 2010 12:18, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> No probs. The branching policy is new, and James tells me we've agreed
> to do it, so that'll be new for all of us.
>
> Basic setup of CKAN on your computer:
> http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/doc/ckan/README.html#developer-installation
>
> You want to pull/push by default all latest branches, so use
> pip-requirements.txt
>
> BUT James said today that we should do feature branches from a stable
> branch. So I suggest branching from metastable: 'Update clean' to
> metastable (-C wipes any pending changes, but allows you to cross
> branches): hg up -C metastable

I don't think this is a good idea and this was a new policy just
discussed today. I'm not clear why you'd branch off stable rather than
default (with the new policy default should be pretty reliable and
pushes to stable only happen at release time).

To keep it very simple: I'd recommend Richard just update to head on
default and then do:

hg branch feature-{ticketnum}-uireview

(There is a ticket right :) ?)

Rufus