[ckan-dev] Caching - package pages (development copy)

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Thu Dec 2 16:07:57 UTC 2010

Hi Will,

On Dec 2, 2010, at 4:57 PM, William Waites wrote:

> ] ... but the pages are still being cached so changes I make are not
> ] visible.  Any suggestions? def etag_cache(cache_key) on approx. line
> ] 108 is as far as the code runs.
>
> changes you make should be sufficient to trigger an update to the
> last_modified value which should cause the internal (beaker) cache to
> be refreshed.

But it doesn't in practice. I'm travelling right now and don't have the time to investigate this fully, but the fact is that editing a package does not lead to any discernible feedback both in Chrome and Safari for me unless I cache-nuke refresh the page. Claiming the User-Agent is wrongly implemented doesn't help, btw, they all are.

Best, Friedrich