[ckan-dev] Caching - package pages (development copy)

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 16:23:25 UTC 2010

* [2010-12-02 17:07:57 +0100] Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> écrit:
]
] > changes you make should be sufficient to trigger an update to the
] > last_modified value which should cause the internal (beaker) cache to
] > be refreshed.
]
] But it doesn't in practice. I'm travelling right now and don't have
] the time to investigate this fully, but the fact is that editing a
] package does not lead to any discernible feedback both in Chrome and
] Safari for me unless I cache-nuke refresh the page. Claiming the
] User-Agent is wrongly implemented doesn't help, btw, they all are.

So when you have time to investigate it more fully take a closer
look.

So when you say "cache-nuke" refresh, you mean open-apple-shift-R?
Well that just tells the browser to send a "Pragma: no-cache" which
means either otherwise the browser was caching or the squid was - in
particular it means the ckan.lib.cache wasn't.

To find out what is happening, look at the HTTP headers, they will
tell you.

There may be a bug somewhere, but it will take some actual debugging
to find it, not speculation.

Cheers,
-w

--