[ckan-dev] Caching - package pages (development copy)

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 18:40:17 UTC 2010

* [2010-12-02 18:32:45 +0000] David Read <david.read at okfn.org> écrit:
]
] That's the proxy_cache decorator which sets a Beaker expiry time only.
] Whether that is on or off, you still end up run the
] "etag_cache(cache_key)" command in the package controller won't you?
] And won't that will either insert the Etags header or abort 304 for a
] repeat? I must admit I've not tried it, asking purely with the code in
] front of me and welcome you pointing out where I've gone wrong.

Right. So those etag calls predate the cache decorators and should
probably be either moved up into the decorator (e.g. use @ckan_cache
instead of @proxy_cache) or wrapped in a check for the config
parameter. (And @ckan_cache could be changed to use pylons' etag_cache
function rather than just setting the header...)

-w
--
William Waites
http://eris.okfn.org/ww/foaf#i