[ckan-dev] Caching - package pages (development copy)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 23:47:55 UTC 2010

On 2 December 2010 18:40, William Waites <ww at eris.okfn.org> wrote:
> * [2010-12-02 18:32:45 +0000] David Read <david.read at okfn.org> écrit:
> ]
> ] That's the proxy_cache decorator which sets a Beaker expiry time only.
> ] Whether that is on or off, you still end up run the
> ] "etag_cache(cache_key)" command in the package controller won't you?
> ] And won't that will either insert the Etags header or abort 304 for a
> ] repeat? I must admit I've not tried it, asking purely with the code in
> ] front of me and welcome you pointing out where I've gone wrong.
>
> Right. So those etag calls predate the cache decorators and should
> probably be either moved up into the decorator (e.g. use @ckan_cache
> instead of @proxy_cache) or wrapped in a check for the config
> parameter. (And @ckan_cache could be changed to use pylons' etag_cache
> function rather than just setting the header...)

Could I suggest as you are probably the most knowledgeable among us
(and wrote the majority of the caching that we have) that you take
this on :)

Rufus

PS: is there any way not to have quite so many email addresses for
you? In replying to this email I see a to field including
"ww-dated-1291747218.f5685e at eris.okfn.org" :)