[ckan-dev] i18n: Including po and mo files in master repo

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Dec 8 14:59:03 UTC 2010

Hi Rufus,

thanks for your quick reply.

On Dec 8, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>> To fix this, I'd again like to propose moving both the authoritative branch of .po files and .mo binary objects into the main repo. This might not be the cleanest solution, but it does help to sort out these issues.
>
> I'm +1 on this. The big issue to address though is how transifex
> pushes. It is kind of annoying (though not the end of the world) to
> have 100s of transifex mini-pushes constantly happening into the main
> repo.

I've now checked in .mo files and performed some updates on the .pos. As far as I know, transifex doesn't push at all any longer, so this process will now be manual. I have, however, redirected the site to fetch the po template from our main repo from now on.

Also, there now is an install of the transifex CLI client on eu8:~/src in case anyone wants to play with it.

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Friedrich
>>
>> As a related issue, at least to me it is not clear when and how transifex is updated from source and this has not improved with the new version. I've now resorted to uploading the pot file periodically by hand. Maybe I'm missing something obvious - could you help me?
>
> If you had pushed to the i18n repo [1], transifex automatically
> updates (sometimes I have had to trigger it by asking it to
> recalculate statistics).

Nice hint, thanks!

 Friedrich