[ckan-dev] problem with package importer

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Dec 9 10:54:35 UTC 2010

Thomas,

Just to add to Rufus' comments, if you're not using Google docs, then
take a look at the infrastructure for doing data imports in ckanext,
which handles more complicated reloading/merging updated data, reads
CSV/XLS etc. It's been used for a raft of data importers, providing
multiple examples and there are tests for it all too. Take a look at
the documentation here:
http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/doc/ckan/loader_scripts.html

David