[ckan-dev] ticket process

William Waites ww at styx.org
Tue Apr 5 17:08:51 UTC 2011

* [2011-04-05 18:02:19 +0100] Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> écrit:

] Could this not go on ckan-dev :) ?
]
] To answer questions:
]
] 1. Yes, someone should review tickets (but whom, and is this a higher
] priority than other things they could be doing)

The trac should probably send emails to us when a ticket is created,
that would go a long way without spending lots of time orting tickets.
There is definitely a point where it is more work to sort tickets
than to fix or investigate a problem. Not saying tickets shouldn't
be sorted, just that this needs kept in mind.

] 2. For general community members: if they really have a problem they
] could join ckan-dev and ask

But remember that many people don't want to join yet-another-mailing-list
just because they have a question or problem. This is appropriate for
longer term committed community members but not really for casual users.

] 3. They can come to community meetups

Always a good thing.

Cheers,
-w

]
] Rufus
]
] > Hi James,
] >
] > Will and I had a concerned ckan user on IRC today. He's had some
] > issues using ckan.net and is struggling to get support. He said Rufus
] > directed him to the trac, and he wrote his ticket a couple of months
] > ago, and AFAICT it's not been addressed.
] >
] > http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/951
] >
] > Today he was very excited to actually get in touch with us, having
] > discovered the IRC page, and I directed him to the email lists. But
] > maybe we need to think about these tickets which come in from outside
] > the team and get them addressed in our process somewhere. Perhaps
] > every couple of weeks someone should go through all open tickets and
] > check the priority is right, say?
] >
] > David
] >
]
]
]
] --
] Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation
] Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age
] http://www.okfn.org/ - http://blog.okfn.org/

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww at styx.org>