[ckan-dev] ckanext-community questions

Wayne Witzel III wwitzel3 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:19:00 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I want to continue some work on the ckanext-community extension. The current
state of it is as follows:

* app and idea submission completed
* form validation completed and formfill
* tagging working
* ckan permission/authz system for adds, edits, and deletes.

Thing it needs:

* better documentation / setup steps (in progress by me...)
* screenshots for apps (google storage?)
* searching (hooks to the existing search?)
* rating system
* ... other ideas / thoughts

I've enjoyed working on it to-date and plan to keep doing so as time allows.
I am also happy to answer any questions about the current code as it has
been primarily worked on by only me. I've forked the main repo and will be
doing my changes @ https://bitbucket.org/wwitzel3/ckanext-community

Take care,

Wayne