[ckan-dev] validation library and deform.

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:53:22 UTC 2011

I had a chat with David on the phone about this, which amounted to:

 - I think his suggested code is good
 - But: I think that the challenge of reusing things rather than
writing your own is too often ignored by developers.  If we aspire to
reuse and share and improve, I don't think we should roll our own so
often.
 - When I selected colander I thought it'd be me doing it, and that's
what I would've used.    But most importantly, it's looking like it's
David who'll be doing most of the work doing dictization and
validation, so I think it's important he works with something he
likes.  That's what counts the most.

So, apart from some very minor discomfort around point (2), I don't
feel strongly about it.  And ultimately the person doing the work
should enjoy doing it, that's the most important thing of all :)  I
would be interested to get feedback from Pyramids people who are using
colander, though.

Seb