[ckan-dev] Running tests

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Feb 8 16:27:35 UTC 2011

Dear all,

James, David and I thrashed out a plan for getting the tests fixed in
the least evil way and have settled on requiring users to enable the
nose plugin manually. I've now made the changes and merged to ckan
default. So now when you run tests you have to either remember to add
"--ckan". e.g.

nosetests ckan/tests --ckan

This defaults to using test.ini which specifies sqlite. If you want to
test against another d.b., specify it in development.ini and tell nose
to use test-core.ini (which retains all the other test options):

nosetests ckan/tests --ckan --with-pylons=test-core.ini

If you prefer, you can set any of these as defaults in your .noserc
(but remember to disable it when using nose on non-ckan stuff).

David