[ckan-dev] Packaging theme and model customisations

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:39:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

What's the preferred model for packaging local customisations?  I
presume plugins should have something to do with it, but the hook
points or patterns aren't clear to me.  Specifically, I have:

1) A template override for the homepage, with some custom functionality
2) Some local CSS (override layout_base.html?)
3) An extension to the package model (two extra fields which aren't
implemented with PackageExtras

(I realise for (3) PackageExtras would probably be the way to go, but
for various reasons might not be practical in this case).

Thanks

Seb