[ckan-dev] Branching policy and standardizing on branch names

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Feb 10 12:13:54 UTC 2011

Very minor thing but please, if you can, standardize on branch names
(feature-{#}-my-name, defect-{#}-my-name}).

I've also updated the existing Branching Policy wiki page to be up to
date and more concise:

<http://ckan.org/wiki/BranchingPolicy>

One thing missing, and to be decided, is flow of changesets around
actual repositories. I think we want to move away from 'svn' everyone
pushes to main model to a dictator or dictator and lieutenants model:

http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/#any-workflow (of course here applied
to mercurial!)

Rufus

PS: whygitisbetterthan... is wrong on at least 2/3 mercurial items
where it claims git is better than hg :) (staging area - simple plugin
and branching ...)