[ckan-dev] AMQP topic vs direct exchange

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Jan 11 09:53:34 UTC 2011

James,

Even if they have the same routing key, each worker has a different
queue instance (keyed in Carrot through the 'name'). Afaict any queue
can be setup to be 'durable' (ensures the config/setup of the queue is
persisted) and 'persisted' (ensures messages are persisted).

I can see there being a problem if two workers shared a queue, and one
consuming a message while the other worker was temporarily off-line,
but I don't think that is the case with Carrot.

David