[ckan-dev] inconsistency between CKAN website and API results with groups

Sean Hudson sean.hudson at opencolorado.org
Wed Jul 13 19:43:23 UTC 2011

I am hitting unexpected behavior from the CKAN API that doesn’t make sense
to me.  I don’t know if something is configured incorrectly or just not
working properly on the server.

Here is an example:

On the OpenColorado repository the denver group has 7 packages in it (see
http://colorado.ckan.net/group/denver)

When querying through the search API it shows that there are 4 packages in
the group (
http://colorado.ckan.net/api/2/search/package?groups=denver&all_fields=1).
I removed one of the packages as a test (denver-fire-districts) but it still
shows in the search results. Cached?

When I search for the Arvada group I get 0 packages which is definitely not
correct (
http://colorado.ckan.net/api/2/search/package?groups=arvada&all_fields=1)

If I use the rest/package URL I get the correct number of results but then I
can’t search within a group which I need for a front-end app.

Any ideas?  What version of CKAN we are running?

Sean