[ckan-dev] Mysterious bugfix in webstore-client

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Jul 20 20:13:09 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've just made this [1] bugfix related to uploading content as JSON to
the webstore via httplib.HTTPConnection. The problem manifests itself
in that the content-length header sent to the server is two bytes
short. I have no clue what problem this fixes and if it actually fixes
the problem for all cases or will come back to haunt us. I'd be very
grateful if the Python-gurus here could spend a few moments to help me
understand:

- Is this an encoding bug?
- Is it related to JSON?
- Is it related to HTTP PUT?