[ckan-dev] CKAN Storage Extension - Configuration

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jul 23 15:38:35 UTC 2011

On 23 July 2011 09:09, Mengia Zollinger <zollinger.mengia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rufus
>
> Thanks for your fast reply!
>
>> In /usr/share/pyshared/pylons/configuration.py I added the following:
>>
>> ckan.plugins = storage
>> ofs.impl = pairtree
>> ofs.storage_dir =
>> /home/mengia/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ckanext/storage
>
>> That looks like the directory of the actual code for the plugin. You
>> want a path to a directory that is empty (or better: does not yet
>> exist).
>
> Yes, it is the directory of the current code for the plugin.
> I changed this and tried both suggestions. Ones with an empty or not
> existing directory in the directory:
> /home/mengia/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ckanext/uploader and the same

I generally would not put your storage directory in your python lib
directory (though there's no specific reason not to).

> here:
>
> /usr/share/pyshared/pylons/uploader

ditto.

> But it still gives me an 404-error browsing to .../storage/upload.

Ah, OK. The fact you get a 404 suggests you haven't actually enabled
the plugin (other config issues would lead to a worse error I think).

Can you check that you have added 'storage' to your ckan.plugins
config option so it looks like

ckan.plugins = ... storage ...

Rufus