[ckan-dev] Update on the ckanext-datapreview plug-in

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:30:19 UTC 2011

> This looks great! Only thing I would suggest would be labelling 'Group
> Column' and 'Series A' with 'x-axis', 'y-axis' in brackets or similar
> just to make it slightly clearer and adding some instructional text in
> the right hand bar to explain/guide what the user can/should do.

Thanks, I'll look into adding this this afternoon. There's actually a
version up on the test server that you can try out.

http://test.ckan.net/package/uk-house-price-data

Currently the loading/saving is just a placeholder, I'm looking into
implementing this next.

> Question: would it be possible to add a button that lets the user
> highlight the cells she wants used in the graph (from the preview) as
> an alternative to picking the column name(s)?

Yes that's certainly possible, I'm not sure I'll get time to implement
it by Friday but I'm planning to include a todo/feature list in the
repository so I'll add it there if not.

Cheers,
Aron