[ckan-dev] Docs draft

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:14:01 UTC 2011

On 27 Jul 2011, at 20:33, Anna Powell-Smith wrote:

> http://docs.ckan.org/install-from-source.html
>
> The install-from-source instructions are taken from the current README

If someone is installing from source, we can guess that they probably aren't using the Ubuntu package manager. So rather than referring in step 1 to required components by their package name e.g. python-psycopg2, I would suggest using the standard name of the library e.g psycopg2, and adding a link for generic download, e.g. http://www.initd.org/psycopg/install/

--Ewan