[ckan-dev] Apps Catalogue

James Gardner james at 3aims.com
Fri Jun 10 13:22:55 UTC 2011

Hi Friedrich,

Wayne Witzel was working on the community extension which was basically
to provide apps and ideas functionality similar to that at data.gov.uk
(click around to see the functionality). He created a very basic model
and form here: https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanext-community/overview and
then forked it with the intention of finishing it himself here
https://bitbucket.org/wwitzel3/ckanext-community/overview but never did.

At the moment no-one is working on it. I'd intended to keep this as a
task we could give someone who wanted to contribute to CKAN but if you
are keen to work on it that would be even better. If you are still up
for working over the weekend I'd suggest continuing from
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanext-community/overview.

The ticket is here: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/941 but to be honest,
your ideas of what we need are probably more relevant.

Are you happy to take this on then? Perhaps we can catch up late on
Monday to see where you are/discuss any more features we need?

Cheers.

James