[ckan-dev] Recent upgrade (?) and issues

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:32:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>wrote:

> OK, I've also discovered I'm getting issues with a several other
> fields when using preview then save. End up with fields looking like:
>
> [u'My title', u'My title']
>
> (You can see this in history of: <http://ckan.net/package/ngcoba>).
> I'd like to demo this on test.ckan.net but note that is at different
> version (v1.4.1a v v1.4.1b) and does not seem to display the problem.
>
> Looks like this is getting converted to a list of values on way in
> some way. Do we have a preview test?

The error was not due to the preview it was due to the params being used
from url.  This only happens when using the bookmarklet as it keeps the
params in the url.  This has been fixed so that the form saving only uses
the POST part of the request.  I may need to think of better validation
handing as two params with the same key get turned into a list, before they
were just being conveniently deduplicated.

David