[ckan-dev] form POST question

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Mar 2 11:01:32 UTC 2011

Seb,

Cheers for this. There seem to be two issues on this page:
a) PHP plugin 'suhosin' limiting the length of requests (not relevant to us)
b) IE6 tripping up on special characters pasted in from Word:
    three-dots-as-one-char - chr(133)
    long dash - chr(150)
    double quotation mark - chr(147)

I'll ask an IE6 user about the latter, but it seems curious that it
would work just by resubmitting the same form content, so am still
favouring the truncation argument. TCP is supposed to be reliable, but
I wonder if in practice it isn't always 100%?

David