[ckan-dev] form POST question

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:24:56 UTC 2011

On 2 March 2011 11:01, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> Seb,
>
> Cheers for this. There seem to be two issues on this page:
> a) PHP plugin 'suhosin' limiting the length of requests (not relevant to us)
> b) IE6 tripping up on special characters pasted in from Word:
>    three-dots-as-one-char - chr(133)
>    long dash - chr(150)
>    double quotation mark - chr(147)
>
> I'll ask an IE6 user about the latter, but it seems curious that it
> would work just by resubmitting the same form content, so am still
> favouring the truncation argument. TCP is supposed to be reliable, but
> I wonder if in practice it isn't always 100%?

Agreed that it's curious about resubmitting, but then it is a bug in
IE it's not *that* curious.  It would be far more curious if we'd
somehow discovered a bug in TCP... :)

I found some other references to the same problem, which appears to be
to do with content encoding, e.g.
http://php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php#54016

I also found this, which finally reminded me why this issue rang a
bell with me; the fix here is what I used many moons ago:

   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/users/210530#210530

Seb