[ckan-dev] Package modification date

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:35:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm working on the CKAN harvester, and I need to check when a package
was last modified. I'm using the json API to get the remote packages.
Two different questions here:

* For an individual package, "metadata_modified" looks like the one to look at:
http://it.ckan.net/api/2/rest/package/2eb938e1-0aa0-4a33-8e2b-d7d8f6b41101

The thing is that it is not always present, like in this case:
http://hu.ckan.net/api/2/rest/package/5f343aba-bef5-4f3f-abfd-672f2de1dbe0

Should I fall back to the revision
(http://hu.ckan.net/api/2/rest/revision/6fe1c323-2094-4955-887b-abee19ab4f28)
to look at the last modified date in that case?
For the packages that have "metadata_modified", is this equivalent to
the revision timestamp?

* If I wanted to query only the packages modified from a certain date,
I guess I should use the revision search api:
http://it.ckan.net/api/search/revision?since_time=2011-04-17

My question is, are the revisions returned only referring to changes
in packages, or there could be also changes in groups, users, etc on
this list?

Thanks!

Adrià