[ckan-dev] [okfn-help] Fwd: [nzpug] Fabric, Cuisine & Watchdog

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri May 20 08:06:57 UTC 2011

Thanks for the forwarding this presentation about
fabric/cuisine/watchdog Tim. Here are my thoughts on our use for CKAN
servers.

We've been using fabric, but frequently want to work manually ssh'd to
the server, where fab commands are less accessible. So we're moving
towards having the logic in server-side shell scripts and using fabric
as a thin wrapper.

Cuisine looks good for simplifying some bash scripting, although it
seems to be tied to fabric.

@Nils do you want to evaluate if watchdog is useful to us beyond our
existing munin, nagios and other custom stuff you use?

David