[ckan-dev] Feature: new system checkin / status API

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:20:42 UTC 2011

On 9 May 2011 10:08, William Waites <ww at styx.org> wrote:
> I think this is way too complicated.
>
> Just take some contact information from the config, perhaps
> distinguishing between site owner and site maintainer, and implement
> an API call that makes this information, together with software
> version, available.

That's basically what I'm saying, but with a check in too.  Maybe I
was too wordy, but that's what I mean :)

A registry "server" can just be a page that gets logged as a web page
hit in an apache log file, 5 mins work.  The other stuff is just stuff
we could do in the future.

Without a checkin, we still have to maintain lists manually -- which
IMO doesn't work very well at the moment.

> There is already a ticket for this

Can't find it -- what's the number?

Thanks

Seb