[ckan-dev] Difference in total number of registered packages

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon May 16 19:53:13 UTC 2011

Jan,

The difference in package numbers is no doubt due to 7 packages having
being deleted. Because the database is revisioned, they still exist,
so that they could be reinstated if necessary. Unfortunately in this
version of CKAN (1.3.1a) the number on the front-page includes the
deleted packages. The deleting feature had not been used much until
the past few months so the discrepancy was not too important.

You/we could upgrade the version, if necessary, although perhaps this
explanation is enough for now.

David