[ckan-dev] help with the storage API

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed May 18 20:59:19 UTC 2011

Hi Fadi,

I know Rufus has made some changes so I'm not sure the exact details,
but the basic mechanism will be the same as when I first wrote
this. Your token is a function of some headers, including the size of
your uploaded blob (or its hash) and CKAN's private key. The required
headers are documented on the Goostor API page. You give the HTTP
headers to CKAN, it signs them with its key and gives you a token. You
then upload your blob with *exactly* the same headers, plus the token,
by talking to Google directly. It's pretty fugly but probably the best
that can be done to delegate credentials...

HTH,
-w