[ckan-dev] help with the storage API

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon May 23 17:03:49 UTC 2011

Hi Fadi,

Wanted to check Will's response helped. Also presume you've seen the
documentation:

<http://packages.python.org/ckanext-storage/>

In light of your comments sounds like the docs here could be improved
to give clearer guidance as to what to do with the authorization
headers once you've got them (answer: use them to post to relevant
storage system e.g. https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/ for
google storage or bucketname.s3.amazonaws.com).

Rufus

On 18 May 2011 21:53, Maali, Fadi <fadi.maali at deri.org> wrote:
> * sorry if this was sent twice *
>
> Hi All,
>
> I need to interact with the storage API from my Java program so I can't
> use the existing Python library.
>
> Using /api/storage/auth/request/{key} I managed to get the authorization
> token. I don't know how to proceed now.
> Do I interact now directly with the Google storage API or with CKAN API?
> Should I call /api/storage/auth/form and with what input?
>
> Help is highly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Fadi

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation