[ckan-dev] CKAN and RDF/SPARQL

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed May 25 21:42:53 UTC 2011

* [2011-05-25 16:58:25 +0100] David Read <david.read at okfn.org> écrit:

] Sorry I should have been clearer - I'm talking here about package
] properties that don't fit in the core package fields. There's not a
] problem with the core package fields mapping comfortably to RDF, are
] there Will?

Except as the core data is minimal and it is almost certain that
more will be needed.

] And if Ed decides to use any extra fields, can express lists and
] dictionaries in our extras fields - they are not limited to string
] values. And these can be worked with sanely in CKAN via forms, SOLR,
] and (with an extension) the API.

I read from the subject header that SPARQL is a requirement. If this
were implemented with D2R this means SPARQL-SQL translation. If the
data is hidden in blobs, absent a JSON parsing stored procedure I
think this kills the strategy. None of forms, Solr or the API help
here.

The most practical is probably a worker process that makes the RDF and
puts it in a real triplestore as soon as possible after the entity has
been saved.

Cheers,
-w

--